Board index Calypso Help Can’t find iCloud

Can’t find iCloud

Get help from admins & users as well

Post 16.04.2018, 09:47
I have just downloaded the latest version of Calypso Score onto a new iPad running iOS 11.3 and am trying to import my first pdf. When I tap on the download icon for either files of fake books the panel showing the choice of iCloud, Dropbox, files, email etc appears. When I tap on Dropbox I see a list of my folders on Dropbox, but when I tap on iCloud an empty panel appears. Same thing happens with files on my computer. My settings on the iPad show that Calypso Score is allowed to use iCloud. Is there some other setting I need to make?

Regards

Tony

Post 17.04.2018, 08:56
jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Hi Toni,

Nice to meet you in the Calypso-forum.

I know of your issue with iCloud. This is actually a bug in iOS. I know of a way to overcome it and will fix it in the upcoming update. Until then, follow my instructions.

The iCloud won't show you any content until Calypso did upload a first file. To do so,

- select any song in the songbook viewer
- swipe the list entry to the left and tap the Edit button
- tap at the export button on top of the edit field (the ohne with an arrow pointing out of a box)
- choose iCloud as the destination
- tap Start

Calypso will send this Song to your iCloud. Thereafter you should see any file within the newly created Calypso folder in your iCloud. Maybe you should restart Calypso first.

According to your description, I assume you tried to import a file. Despite that being possible in the files viewer, you should instead open the iCloud/Dropbox folder on top of any file list. To get these folders you first have to switch ON the appropriate options in the Calypso settings (Use iCloud for import/export and Use your Dropbox).

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask again of you have another issue.
have fun & make good music

Post 17.04.2018, 10:25
Hi Siggi,
Thanks for for fast reply. I will try it when I have more time this evening.
Tony

Post 17.04.2018, 20:41
Thanks, Siggi. That works, but, as you said, I can only see the folder created by Calypso Score. I can work with that for now and wait for the iOS fix.

Tony

Return to Help