Board index Calypso Bug Reports Some tiny glitch in Version 4.01

Some tiny glitch in Version 4.01

If you encounter a bug in Calypso, report it here

I have just installed Version 4.01.
    The App Info (see below) hasn't yet been updated and still shows 4.0. That may lead to misunderstandings in case of support questions.
    When trying to switch from one song in the songlist by tapping, Calypso instantly switched back to the previous song in the list. E.g. I wanted to edit "Mercy Mercy Mercy" but Calypso reselected "Me and My Shadow" in a blink. Lukily this has not been reproducible but I only got rid of it by leaving the current songbook and selecting it again.
    A likely quite similar findig occured, when the the display freezed showing the song list and no edit of the current song name or colour was possible. Like telling above, a step back to the song book list did the trick again. This also does not occur often, fortunately.
    I don't know whether this happens intentionally. But Version 3 started every word with a capital letter when entering as song title. I liked this feature, now it appears that it is no longer active.

There is no theme for general discussion in the forum. But I like to mention that assigning bars to a song for automatic scrolling now is much more responsive than before. Nearly ervery tap now sets a bar number to a bar what wasn't the case before in version 3. I also appreciate the updated "new Song" functionality which makes it very easy to create a new song. I'm glad that you continue working on Calypso.
Attachments
c2.JPG
c2.JPG (20.06 KiB) Viewed 204 times
c1.JPG
c1.JPG (39.64 KiB) Viewed 204 times

jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

The App Info (see below) hasn't yet been updated and still shows 4.0. That may lead to misunderstandings in case of support questions.

You're right. Kind of careless that is :|
When trying to switch from one song in the songlist by tapping, Calypso instantly switched back to the previous song in the list.

... when the the display freezed showing the song list and no edit of the current song name or colour was possible.

In both cases that might be a known bug after deleting a song.
But Version 3 started every word with a capital letter when entering as song title.

Also a bug I already realized but would have forgotten about.
I'm glad that you continue working on Calypso.

You must not worry about the future of Calypso! There may be a times when I cannot make advances as I'd like to due to other software projects or gigging. But I cannot imagine of releasing my beloved baby. Last week, instead of fixing some of the remaining bugs, I implemented a brand new feature, some of you will really love! (Pssst)

BTW: a new test version will soon arrive in TestFlight, providing some bug fixes. Keep an eye on the TestFlight app. Don't know whether Apple still notifies you by mail or a badge on the app icon.

Thank you once more, bensonmaam, for your continuous feedback here in the forum.
have fun & make good music

I haven't rceived an info about a fresh testflight version from Aplle for ages. Must have been for young Version 3, I'm sure.

jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Seems to be right. Apple does not notify or email the test team about new releases. :x

I'll mail you on the upcoming beta. But have an eye on the TestFlight app the next weekend. :D
have fun & make good music

Return to Bug Reports