Board index Calypso Feature Requests Trigger start of a song's score play back

Trigger start of a song's score play back

You may request and discuss new features for Calypso

I appreciate the automatic page turns for performance mode. For rehearshal situations I use a foot switch, though.
Thus, owning a foot switch I think it could be usefull to start automatic score playback using the foot switch instead of double tap on a measure.
For preparation of a performance I use to add some additional measures at the beginnning on every score. While in a performance
I try to guess how many measures it will last until the beginning og the song. With a good estimate I am able to begin my playing hands free.
I could fancy a special measure type to indicate Calypso where to start score play back with a kick on the foot switch.
After this initial starting the foot switch should work like before.

jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

First of all, thank you Bensonmaam for your continous support of Calypso and all your feedbacks.

As I understand you, your requested feature is already here. There is an option Start listener at bar #1 in the Calypso settings which you should try. This option is revealed if you switch any page turner to ON. With Start listener at bar #1 ON, the page turner will start the listener at the very beginning of a song. This is by far my recommended method to start a song on stage.

As of your special bars only useful with a page turner, you have to convince me.

But perhaps I've missed something and did not fully understand your desired feature.
have fun & make good music

Siggi,

I am aware of this option. So for clarification of my request, here is how I use Calypso in performance mode.
All my songs begin some bars before the beginning of the song, say at bar minus 8. So guessing the expected beginning of a song gives me eight bars to grab my trombone and be prepared to play at the beginning of the song. Most of the time this works quite well. Therfore I am prepared for playing without any foot switch. I don't want to change this way of pre counting bars.

But if I want to start the same song by tapping on the foot switch I prefer to begin at at the first bar of the song,
not at the first bar that I have entered preceding the start of the song. To do so I must delete all precounting bars, now.

I can think of two options how to provide this feature:

1) Option in the settings: skip n bars at the start
2) more flexible: have a special feature for a starting bar. Maybe with a new option in the same dialogue that is used to input multiple bar rests. In additon I'd appreciate a slightly different appearance for this special bar.

And I still fancy to attach a media button somewhere at the trombone (see http://www.calypso-score.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3917) to use it for paging.

Sax

All my songs start before the first bar of my score, because of counting in and intros.
I would be helped with a table i can fill with the time - cursor position
a separate play knob to start the song at zero seconds and not at the first bar of the score.
I also would like to be able to swipe to the next song in a playlist and let it start automatically

Return to Feature Requests