Board index Calypso Feature Requests Different look for edit and use setlist buttons

Different look for edit and use setlist buttons

You may request and discuss new features for Calypso

I have been using Calypso for some time and I get help requests from some new users that I know. There is one thing that's causing irritation frequently. There are two buttons for using setlist and editing setlist that look the same. Quite often my friends try to play from the setlist using the edit setlist button. They do not get what they expect, of course. Maybe you can change the look of one of the setlist buttons but I'm not sure whether this could confuse other users.

jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Hi Bensonmaam,

nice to hear from you again.

I wonder, which setlist icon do you mean. There is a setlist button both in the Songbook and the Fakebook viewer. Both are for preparing or editing a setlist. If you want to use your previously prepared setlist, you have to switch from 'all songs' to 'set lists' below your song list. Those buttons do not use the icon from the preparation button.

I certainly have missed something.

Siggi
have fun & make good music

Siggi,
I have just double checked, but you are right, again.
Some users are confused, anyway. So, a different icon will not do the trick.

I too have been confused by the set list buttons. Creating the set list was intuitive enough but then trying to use it was confusing until I figured out there were two set list actions/menus. The problem is hard to explain but I'll try. Both buttons bring up the created set list menus but accessing a particular file directly in that list can only be done via one of those set list buttons. I was frantic before a gig awhile back because I had successfully set up my set list earlier but couldn't figure out how to get it started to use, this only minutes before show time. I finally touched the right screen button and file and it worked. I still get a little confused with this feature. I now know if you are on the set list creation screen you have to press "play" then the file/Song title then the screen - 3 steps that I forget sometimes. Another way to state the problem is to say it is confusing to know how to navigate to the set list you've created. I don't have a suggestion of how to make it less confusing.

jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Hi Marimbaguy,

I'll come back to you as soon as I've completed the v4.

BTW: if the option 'Show tips & guides' is ON, you will get a hint pointing to the switch 'all songs/set lists' to use your newly created set list.
have fun & make good music

Return to Feature Requests