Board index Calypso Help How to import mp3 and PDF

How to import mp3 and PDF

Get help from admins & users as well

Post 01.11.2017, 11:57
Sax

Hello,

I put my mp3's and pdf's in iCloud, (playalong and score)
I downloaded them to my iPad but can't get them in Calypso
If i try to add a PDF i can shooce local files or iCloud but i can't see files
How do i get them in Calypso and use them for my gig?

I'm new with this Apple iPad, I'm an experienced MobileSheets on Android user, MobileSheets has a nice sync tool to sync my playlist and content between PC and Android Tablet,
I use Cubasis on the iPad and it has a sync-tool aswel, any change Calypso will get a synctool ?

Post 01.11.2017, 21:04
Sax

I just found a solution,
I made a directory called Calypso Score and put my content in it.
Now i'm trying to sync a a PDF and a mp3,
It will cost me lots of time to find out how Calypso works,
Are there any good instruction videos or manual for Calypso v4 ?

i'm figuring out what this phrase means?

For a song being synced, you start the song together with both the audio
play
and audio sync button set to on (just tap the sync button). Then you
must start
from the first bar that will be heared in the music. Then, from
time to time, you just tap the bar you're currently hearing. That's it!

I love the "That's it" :D

Post 02.11.2017, 12:10
jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Welcome Sax on the forum. And thanks for your first question, your first feature request and your first user experience report in just two postings.

Sax wrote:
I use Cubasis on the iPad and it has a sync-tool aswel, any change Calypso will get a synctool ?

I'll think about that. Problem is, I only own a Mac and couldn't write a Windows version. So this feature would be available for max. 10% of all Calypso users.

You could sync your files with iTunes. But you probably don't wanna use that monster program (which I try to omit).

There are great alternatives, though. Did you hear of 'iExplorer' or iMazing? It may not be as simple as with app-dedicated sync tools like those you mentioned. But you can easily and quickly drag files into Calypso. The latter may also make (daily) backups of your devices over WiFi. Highly recommended!

You still may have a chance to convince me to make a Calypso sync tool, though. But is it worth the work & time if tools like iMazing exist?

BTW.: another valuable tool is Waltr. It's the best way to put music (mp3/flac/ogg...) or podcasts or video or ebooks to your iDevice. Without iTunes! And with much more intelligence than iTunes.
have fun & make good music

Post 03.11.2017, 07:29
Sax

Thanks for the warm welcome,

iMazing looks like a nice tool,
Where should i put my files (in which directory on iPad) so Calypso will be able to find them?

(I can't find the files i put in the directory "Calypso Score" in iCloud drive)

Post 03.11.2017, 10:43
jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Where should i put my files (in which directory on iPad) so Calypso will be able to find them?

Drop your files into the Documents folder. This is the folder content you see in iTunes' sharing folder. And this is the stuff you see within Calypso when switching to the Files Viewer.

I can't find the files i put in the directory "Calypso Score" in iCloud drive.
Ahh, I remember a fact which seems to be an old bug in iOS:

Calypso has to upload a file before it can see the content of the iCloud.

So, here comes the solution together with a strong advice:

After you've created a new song and after you've assigned a mp3 to it and probably synced the music with the score, you should export that song. The iCloud would be a good place for that backup song. So

Edit the song metadata where you tap the export button. Choose iCloud as your destination. Switch ON with recordings and tap Start. I do that for every song I made as an additional backup besides the regular saving of the Calypso.sqlite database to my Mac.

Hope that helps.
have fun & make good music

Return to Help