Board index Calypso Help Pdf files from adobe.

Pdf files from adobe.

Get help from admins & users as well

Post 25.11.2017, 11:32
I have some pdf chord charts which have had changes made in adobe. When I import them into Calypso these changes are missing. These changes include highlighting text and the addition of some lines. And I doing something wrong?

Post 26.11.2017, 20:24
jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

And I doing something wrong?

Probably not. Could you please mail me such a modified PDF.

A workaround might be to optimize the PDF after your modifications. I think, your Adobe tool has such an optimization option.
have fun & make good music

Post 30.11.2017, 14:12
jazzysiggi User avatar
Administrator

Hi Wallacealeco,

I did look into your PDFs. As you said, they have some marked areas known as annotations. Those currently won't be displayed in Calypso. But probably I'm able to show these in the next version of Calypso.

Until then I'd suggest to make those annotations within Calypso. The current annotation support is currently in work and will be much improved in the near future.

Just to get an impression what it means to a developer to simply show PDFs in their apps, look at this comparision of popular PDF libraries on iOS and Androis. Support for annotations in PDFs costs them some bucks.

But as I already mentioned, I probably might show you that annotations in a future version of Calypso :geek:
have fun & make good music

Return to Help